Execute NFC vendor command via PC/SC (Transparent Exchange communication)

Dec 10, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I am looking for the method to execute NFC tag raw command.
For example, in case of NTAG213, there is READ_CNT(39h), PWD_AUTH(1Bh) or READ_SIG(3Ch).
How can I execute those command though PC/SC library.

I am studying the source code along side with reading "pcsc3_v2.02.00_sup2.pdf".
I think the solution should be related to Transparent Exchange communication but it always replies "function not supported" The detail request and response are shown below.
Request: CLA=FF, INS=C2, P1=00, P2=00, Data = 8100 [Meaning: Start data transparent session]
Response: 6A81 [ Meaning : "function not supported"]
BTY: My mobile phone is Lumia 830.

Question:
  • Is transparent exchange support by WP8.1 as well as Lumia 830?
  • Can anyone suggest me that which section in the source code or PCSC documents I should read more to execute vender command in transparent session?
FYI: I'm working at a small NFC IC design company and we would like to extend support of our product to WP and WinRT. Now our product is only working with Android phone and Windows Desktop App.
FYI: This library looks promising and I hope it can unify how to communicate with Tag on various Microsoft OS uniformly.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Hi, the transparent exchange mode is something that's not currently supported on Windows Phone but will be in an upcoming release (and will be support on NXP 547-based devices). We'll update the project once it's supported.
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Thank you for your update, Alex288. ^_^
I'm looking forward to the upcoming release.
Dec 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Hi all

I am interested in this feature.
I want to perform Ultralight C 3DES Authentication; the raw command to send to the tag to initiate the authentication process is "0x1A 0x00".
I've got a Lumia 830 and I successfully managed to run the example project.

What should be the APDU to send through SmartCardConnection API?
When is scheduled the upcoming release that support transparent exchange mode?

Thanks!

Carlo
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2015 at 6:01 AM
Can you try upgrading your Lumia 830 to the Windows 10 Insider Preview and try transparent mode again, and let me know if it works for you?
Mar 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Alex288, thank you for your update.
Lumia830 is now my every phone so I'm a bit worry to try Windows 10 with it.
Anyway I will inform you when I have a chance to try.
Apr 11, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Hi Alex288

Last couple days, I just installed Win10 for phone preview to Lumia 830 and try to use the transparent mode.
It works well !!!. At least for read command (0x30) of NTAG203 and GPIO write command of SIC4310 (the NFC tag from the company I'm working for).

Thank you so much for the update.
If there is any progress or problem during my development, please be sure I will share those to the community here.

BTW, The performance of Win10 for phone preview is quite poor for normal use. I might go back to Win8.1 soon.
Feb 29, 2016 at 4:11 PM
Edited Feb 29, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Hi,
do you have news for this commands? i HAVE LUMIA 735 and I would like send a simple command verify pin to mifareUL_EV1.
regards,
Fiore
Coordinator
Feb 29, 2016 at 6:32 PM
Just to update the thread, as of Windows 10 Mobile release we now support PC/SC transparent exchange mode. See the PC/SC working group's specification for information on how it works, also you can see the NFC Sample app whose source code is on GitHub as part of the Windows 10 universal samples.
Feb 29, 2016 at 9:05 PM
can you be more clear?
Please

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 29 feb 2016, alle ore 20:32, Alex288 <[email removed]> ha scritto:

Just to update the thread, as of Windows 10 Mobile release we now support PC/SC transparent exchange mode. See the PC/SC working group's specification for information on how it works, also you can see the NFC Sample app whose source code is on GitHub as part of the Windows 10 universal samples.
Feb 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM
my lumia isn't ready to update windows 10. there aren't update in phone's menu. How can i see the PC/SC working group's specification for information on how it works?

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 29 feb 2016, alle ore 20:32, Alex288 <[email removed]> ha scritto:

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Per my earlier email, only as of Windows 10 Mobile release it's supported. Which means if you're not running Windows 10, then it's not supported. You can still use the Windows Insider app to update your phone to a preview release of Windows 10 Mobile, search on the internet and you should find instructions for that.

For the PC/SC transparent exchange mode you can search on Bing/Google, and will find:

As well, searching Bing/Google for the GitHub windows 10 universal sample for NFC you'll find:

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:01 PM
in this time i seen the possibility to update the preview version windows 10 phone on my lumia 735 with Windows Insider. After installed this i will try, through visual studio community 2015, to start the example nfc github. i hope that with these questions more people can learn to work with windows phone's nfc

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 01 mar 2016, alle ore 00:44, Alex288 <[email removed]> ha scritto:

Per my earlier email, only as of Windows 10 Mobile release it's supported. Which means if you're not running Windows 10, then it's not supported. You can still use the Windows Insider app to update your phone to a preview release of Windows 10 Mobile, search on the internet and you should find instructions for that.

For the PC/SC transparent exchange mode you can search on Bing/Google, and will find:

As well, searching Bing/Google for the GitHub windows 10 universal sample for NFC you'll find: